1929-1930: The first centralised water supply system was implemented in Wyong. A concrete- lined reservoir was constructed on Chapman Hill and water was pumped to it from Wyong River for distribution to residents.
1938: Gosford was connected to a new water supply direct from a dam on the lower reaches of Mooney Mooney Creek.
1950’s: Water was piped to the northern areas of the Wyong Shire.
Early 1960’s: The first stage of the Entrance Water Supply Scheme commenced. Officially opened in 1965, the expanded scheme eventually provided reticulated water throughout much of the Shire.
1961: As development and the population increased, Mooney Mooney Dam was built to replace the Lower Mooney Mooney Dam.
1962: Mardi Dam and Wyong River Weir were built.
Late 1960's - 1970: The State Government identified the Central Coast Region for urban development. The NSW Public Works Department began investigating and planning expansion of the water supply systems.
A common system serving both Gosford and Wyong local government areas was identified as the most reliable and economic solution.
1971: As dependence on the water supply system increased, it became more important that the raw water be treated to guarantee standards of public health. Subsequently, Somersby Water Treatment Plant was constructed, the first stage in 1971 and a subsequent stage in 1989. In Wyong Shire, the first stage of the Mardi Water Treatment plant was opened for use in 1984 with subsequent augmentation in 1992 to increase the capacity of the plant.
1975: Lower Mangrove Creek Weir was built.
1977: Gosford City and Wyong Shire Councils entered into an agreement to build, operate, maintain and share the cost of the water supply headworks scheme. The Councils and NSW Public Works established the Gosford/Wyong Joint Water Supply Committee as a forum to manage the jointly owned works.
1979 - 1982: Mangrove Creek Dam was built to meet the water needs of an expanding population.
1987: Both Councils were gazetted as Water Supply Authorities by the NSW Government under the Water Supply Authorities Act 1987. The provisions of the Water Supply Authorities Act were incorporated into the Water Management Act 2000.
1989: Boomerang Creek Tunnel was completed. This tunnel enabled water to be transferred from Mangrove Creek Dam to Wyong River, for extraction at the Wyong River Weir for storage in Mardi Dam.
1998: The Councils restructured the Joint Water Supply Committee to include an independent Chairman and adopt the name Gosford/Wyong Councils’ Water Authority.
2006: The Central Coast Water Corporation Act 2006 was passed to create one water supply authority on the Central Coast.
2007: Following 15 years of drought in the region a comprehensive drought management strategy, WaterPlan2050, was implemented by the Councils. WaterPlan2050 detailed a program to expand supply and reduce demand to help secure the water supply until 2050.
2010: A memorandum of understanding was signed to make changes to the Central Coast Water Corporation Act 2006 and these were later passed in parliament.
2011: The Gosford/Wyong Councils' Water Authority Board was dissolved and a new Central Coast Water Corporation Board was appointed. The Central Coast Water Corporation was formally established.
The official system launch of the Mardi-Mangrove Link took place on 31 August, with the first water pumped from Mardi Dam to Mangrove Creek Dam for storage.
2012: In July, commissioning of the Mardi-Mangrove Link was officially complete and the Councils took ownership of the system.